From the wire:
Mordine & Co. Dance Theater seeks a highly professional and diversely talented individual as Managing Director to expand the growth and opportunities of the company on a significant level by directing the organization in a way consistent with its vision and mission statement, coordinating all major activities of the company outside the artistic realm and operating under the general direction of the Board of Directors. This is a part-time position — as the position grows to include more hours other tasks will be added with the agreement of the Managing Director, Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Experience: Higher level of education and/or some business/management education is desirable, plus five years of experience with a performing arts organization, presenting organization or comparable entity/environment.
· Entrepreneurial spirit heightened by solid business acumen.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees.
· Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate budgets.
· Ability to organize, plan and implement activities appropriate to further organizational goals, particularly the growth of the Company.
· Computer skills essential including QuickBooks, MS Word and Photoshop.
Send applications & resumes to:
Mordine & Co. Dance Theater
The Ruth Page Center for the Arts
1016 N. Dearborn Parkway
Chicago, IL 60610
or via email to mordine (at) mordine (dot) org. Calls are also being accepted at (312) 654-9540.